High definition microstructured Nozzle plates.
microSWISS is taking manufacturing Nozzle plates to a new level of innovation.
Conventional patterning methods use overgrowing a resist pattern during electroforming or laser-drilling to achieve the orifices in the nozzle plate. The disadvantages are limitations in orifice-geometry, surface roughness (laser-induced build-up of corner burr) and orifice proximity.
Our nozzle plates are made using the very versatile UV-LiGA process which delivers extremely smooth surfaces and circularity ("roundness")on the orifices. The result is very uniform micro-droplet formation across the nozzle plate. This is a new manufacturing approach to take full use of the advantages of microtechnology.
These high-pattern definition plates are being used for a variety of droplet-generating systems such as inkjet-printing and injector-systems.
Material: EF-Nickel, fully-crosslinked Photo-Epoxy (SU-8)
Applications: Various spray- or droplet-generating systems
- Pattern size ≥ 5µm
- Nozzle thickness = 20 - 500µm
- Material: Nickel, Nickel-Phos12 (580HV), fully crosslinked Photoexpoxy (SU-8)
- Aspect ratio = 5 - 6 (depends on pattern-design)
- EXCLUSIVE: Adjustable conical orifices ‹ 15°
- Manufacturing according to adapted LiGA-process
- Multilevel pattern available (e.g. for integrated microfluidics)
- Alignment-precision: level-to-level ≤ 3μm
- Maximal patterned area = 200 x 200mm
- Parallelism Frontside-to-backside ≤ 10μm
- Available PVD-coatings
- Compatible photoresist for UV-lithography:
AZ positive resists, Microchem SU-8
1. Convert customer data into Maskdesign
2. Fabrication of maskset
3. Lithography on substrates =» resist-mold
4. Prepare the resist-master for Ni-electroforming
5. Removal of resist and release from wafer